Friday 26 November 2010 North American Natives And Chaos

North American Natives And Chaos
I was having a discussion over in the Herbal Tribe about Medicine Men/Shamans using ceremony, herbs in particlular, in my opinion it doesn't seem like magic to me. Speaking in general terms of course, the north american native tribes and "magic" Perhaps a lower level, perhaps a local source of inspiration, plants, trees, animals, earth energy, Then there is HigherMagick that is connected to a Higher Forces/Sources. Is there any thoughts? I do not believe that the common shaman is conected like that. I know that once you get closer to the equator, The Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs know they had the blood sacrifices, which as little as I know about this kinda stuff, you must shed blood(like mass tribal wars, kill your young men in battle, sacrifice children at the alter) to get the attention of the higher forces. You know, the same Religion practiced by our Bohemian Goverment. Anyway am I wrong for assuming that The Natives were not aware... i'd like to think of them as mosty peaceful, mostly tradition of nature, down to earth. Is that still considered magick. I have my Golden Bough by Frazier in front of me but he says nothing that convinces me its High Magic. I am not aware... ThankYou For YOur Time posted in ChaosMagick - 10 replies