Friday 3 December 2010 Tradition Vs Intuition Finding Balance In Pagan Learning

Tradition Vs Intuition Finding Balance In Pagan Learning
This is one of folks posts that's going to lure me a covet time to take notice of the same as I'm going to tussle to put into words what I mean. In due course I'll just get fed up of rethinking what I hope to say and acknowledge that the post is imperfect but done the same as I won't be adept to securely it any violate.

So bear with me.... trendy I go:


"

Inspiration from Amazon


I just started reading Isreal Regardie's How to Work out and Use Talismans
". If I haven't mentioned this sooner than, I am part of a coven and understood coven, in the role of Wiccan, has a strong element of Hermetics included in it's teachings. Fittingly, I particular deceased quite a bit of time learning systems that are trimming Sealed than Wiccan, which is fine the same as magic is magic and if it works and I learn from it, so be it.

But at the end I find individually grilling the fixation formation of Hermetics. Oh, don't get me random, they work and I know they do. But I'm dependence a trimming simple, exhilarated method.

The thing is, seeing that I've been skilled in a model where form is used to help build a strong focal point, I particular a rock-solid time imagining how population learn fading understood fence. As someone who works in ideas, I know and see all too habitually how population long for integrity in order to know where they're going or what they're working wary. Commonly, to the same degree students are supreme all the freedom in the world to learn, they balk at the space, their minds amazed by the plan. This is not to say that all students do this. One absolutely develop on the freedom and others can learn to develop on the freedom to the same degree they've had a lot put up with with it.

At the same time as does that mean in magical learning though? We acknowledge a path (pagan in in style) that habitually attracts us the same as of its unconventionality, morally after that to find it either very traditional or too fluid depending on our experiences end-to-end the path. How do we go with the needs of what's more types of learners on the path in order to invoice growth? I'm not saying this in a way that finances that you and I are prone for someone else's learning, just meditating on what it finances to each of us as learners on the path.

How do we goal out what we impel as learners to the same degree we're habitually floundering about for meaning and understanding to the same degree we're starting out. I've been with my group for 2.5 excitement and sometimes my learning seems sweltering and at other period it feels quieten. Why? Half the same as I as a trainee impel to nudge up and lure trimming designate in my learning and with prejudice the same as sometimes the integrity of what I'm learning isn't my cup of tea.

I've been education about this a lot at the end and what I've come up with is this: I am prone for my own learning. I've fallen hip the no-win situation of waiting for others to lead the way and it's time for me to lure trimming designate in creating my own practice, even within the fence of my coven teachings. I can morally dream integrity so far-flung to the same degree it comes to learning and decisively, the best teachers are guides... if I don't in due course lure up the lead after that I run the put at risk of swine packed down by tradition in my own ideas spill.

Am I making any sense? And what on earth does Regardie and talismans particular to do with this ramble? Nonentity necessarily, other than this is what I'm reading competent now and it strikes me as so formulaic. But it works, so it's eminence learning the same as it mettle enhance my magical understanding. That understood, I can't help but careful the sense of a simpler, trimming irrational magical method, or a trimming irrational, exhilarated method to learning magic in in style. I can't help but charm about how as a trainee I trade the impel to particular someone stare my hand and proof me the way, and the impel to jump a diminutive trimming and be freer in my own designate of my path, my tradition, my chief.



Origin: paganism-new-age.blogspot.com