Saturday 14 May 2011 Introducing Follow My Blog Friday

Introducing Follow My Blog Friday
What is Follow My Blog Friday?I have been seeing some Follow Fridays for other nonpagan blogs but have yet to see one for the pagan blogging community so I decided to create one! Follow My Blog Friday works a little like Follow Friday on Twitter known as #FF. When it's done on blogs it's called a blog hop and is an awesome way to get followers and find other blogs to follow! The Domestic Pagan will be your host for this blog hop. It is ongoing and will happen every Friday!To keep things fun there will a question every week for you to answer on your Follow My Blog Friday post. This week's question is:FF#1 Question: What are your New Year's Resolutions regarding your spiritual and magickal practice?My answer: I plan on studying all the branches of magick that have intimidated me such as high magick, chaos magick, and alchemy. I also want to work with dark magick more, specifically that which has to do with dark goddesses and confronting the shadow.How does Follow My Blog Friday Work? 1. First you create a Follow My Blog Friday post on your own blog that links back to this post. If you would like to list every blog that has signed up in the Linky Tools below, click the link that gives you the code and add it to your blog post as HTML.2. Copy and paste the link to the blog post you have made and add it below to Linky Tools. You need to be able to add the link to a specific post not the homepage of your blog for Follow Friday to work smoothly. For example, this is my blog url: http://www.thedomesticpagan.net/and this is a specific blog post url: http://www.thedomesticpagan.net/2011/12/introducing-follow-my-blog-friday.html3. Next you need to visit as many blogs as you can and follow their blogs. If you have the time, leave them a comment saying hello, Blessed Be, or whatever on their Follow My Blog Friday post. (You see now why it's important to link back to the specific Follow Friday post?)4. If someone follows you, please follow them back!Are There Any Rules?1. (Required) You must have a blog in order to add your name to the Linky Tools list. No it does not need to be a pagan blog. However it MUST be written by a pagan, be pagan friendly, or have something to do with witchcraft, Wicca, the occult, paranormal, magick, fantastical creatures such as fairies or dragons, mythology, nature, spirituality, or the metaphysical. The Linky list is only open for one week. After that there will be a new Linky list on my next Follow Friday post where you can add your blog.2. (Required) You may only add your own blog. Associating someone with a pagan blog listing is not cool and borders on "outing" them without permission.3. (Highly Suggested) It would be nice if you followed my blog.4. (Moderately Suggested) Answer the Follow Friday question in your post.5. (Optional) Add the Follow My Blog Friday banner to your blog.6. (Optional) Leave a comment on this post.