Monday 26 May 2008 Tucker Carlson Apologizes To Witches

Tucker Carlson Apologizes To Witches
* Share this on Facebook
* Email this to a friend?
* Share this on Reddit
* Stumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUpon
* This!
* Send this page to Print Friendly
* Digg this!
* Email this via Gmail

Get Shareaholic


BY BETSY ROTHSTEIN, FISHBOWL DC

Over the weekend, "The Daily Caller"'s Editor-in-Chief and Fox News Contributor TUCKER CARLSON unloaded on the Wiccan community. Is Carlson not afraid of the spells they could cast on him?

"I don't spend a lot of time on Twitter, so I'm not sure of the dimensions of it, but I'm pretty sure that I'm unpopular in the witchcraft community, and I understand why," Carlson told FishbowlDC this afternoon. "I probably was unduly harsh. As far as I know, most Wiccans are peaceful taxpayers. I've never been mugged by one anyway. So I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings."

On Sunday's Fox & Friends, the crew was discussing the University of Missouri's "Holiday and Recommended Accommodations" guide that lists eight Wiccan holidays. "The bad side of Wiccanism is it's obviously a form ofwitchcraft," Carlson said. "But the upside is you get a ton of holidays. Twenty percent of all school holidays, as described by the University of Missouri, are Wiccan holidays. Twenty percent of all."

He later added that "any religion whose most sacred day is Halloween, I just can't take seriously. I mean, call me a bigot. And I'm not, you know, not offering an editorial against Wiccanism."

Carlson said Wiccan was either a "compulsive Dungeons & Dragons player or is a middle-aged, twice-divorced older woman living in a rural area who works as a midwife."

Needless to say, a portion of the resident peanut gallery on Twitter wasn't pleased. They called him a "douche" and an "asshole" and an "asshat." They said they thought his bow-tie was tied too tight. Many suggested that the pagans turn him into a bow-tied newt. And the worst? Someone calling herself AUNTIE MEME says he has been looking "a little toadlike" lately.

Uh oh.

RELATED POSTS:


* Religion Lately: Early Nativity Wars, Jedi and Sith Marry
* Religion Lately: Pagan Seminary, Is The Religion of
* Real Witches Cry Foul at Portrayal on "True
* Ding Dong bin Laden's Dead!
* Magical Thinking Is Crazy!

Credit: about-world-religions.blogspot.com