Thursday 16 April 2009 Friday Features Giving Without Money

Friday Features Giving Without Money
Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.

(Deuteronomy 15:10)

God expects us to give when it is in our power to do so. We ought not to look at someone in need and say "Too bad." Instead, we should think, "What can I do to help?"

I have often made the excuse to myself that I don't have a lot of money, so there's not much I can do...but it doesn't always have to be money.

A homemade card or a note costs practically nothing. I have a few notes I treasure, and they are an encouragement to me because I know someone cares and is praying. Probably the people who wrote the notes don't have a clue that I still have them and read them.

Prayer only costs the time we put into it. It's always a blessing to hear that someone is praying for you! It can make such a difference too, because through Jesus we have abundant spiritual riches.

This is something I have been learning: there are many little ways that any of us can be a blessing to others - even without any money.

Posted by Jocelyn.