Saturday 4 April 2009 How Do You Celebrate Yule In A Mixed Pagan Faith Family

How Do You Celebrate Yule In A Mixed Pagan Faith Family
Today I'm going to go a bit to the personal side for my entry into The Yuletide Ball Yule Blog Party hosted by:

On the Broomstick ">Witch of Howling CreekI'll admit as a family we have "yet" to truly celebrate YULE in our house. Really I'm not sure how to do it. As I've shared before I'm HEATHEN, I don't identify as Asatru because I have some beliefs that don't follow true enough and I feel using the more general term is safer. My Hubby is an ECLECTIC-PAGAN but has never been fully immersed in it. He's still in his discovery period. Right now he leaves ALL RELIGIOUS PRACTICES TO ME TO ORCHESTRATE because I have a lot more experience in both my faith and even in eclectic paganism. "(I went so far as a first degree with an eclectic church many years ago so I have the basics pretty good though a bit rusty.)"As of right now I've always been trying to do a hybrid practice in our house but I'm considering altering that a bit for Yule. Ethically my Hubby is very Heathen, and I swear if he were to hang around a bunch of heathen guys he would either love them or hate them. Love them because of similar views or hate them because they'd butt heads. I THINK I'M GOING TO STOP TRYING THE HYBRID BECAUSE WELL I'M JUST NOT FEELING IT.Read more >>This post was originally posted to TREEGOLD AND BEEGOLD