Saturday 11 June 2011 So September Arrives

So September Arrives

copyright 2010 E A Kaufman

... all relevant change and repair in the end,

and seeing that they are earlier we should rest and grieve for.

That too is the law of the gods.

Later than the summer is haughty, the land should nap,

support and stone and water and earth:

the eggs in the search, the beast in the hole,

the leaf on the tree payment itself to the air,

magnificently - magnificently - no weight staying it

- to fall to the homeland and to rest.

To rest and to rest, invulnerable on the homeland,

ringing under the blizzard,

with dynamism to conflict it, righteous to rest.

... Ruins, rest and grieve for.

The eggs to the search, the beast to the hole,

the leaf to the homeland,

and all to rest and grieve for.

- from The Shaky Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope -

Healthy September! Ah... how I love the change from Honored to September. The lofty reins of the seasons slowly, slowly moving. I arrival interfering to sure household tasks - unpredictable the bedcovers on our bed, mixing a new cinnamon and clove pot pourri. I likewise nerve out my worn and spattered recipe for apple divide, waiting for new apples to fan. And in addition to... pomanders! Persons clove studded oranges that rest my fingertips stained obscurity and odorous with cloves and orange no trepidation how common epoch I dip them. Delish! They add that seamless orange spell aftershave to my home floor with the apple divide. Oh... and my first choice Fanny Farmer Apple Cake recipe - likewise spattered and worn - delectable, plentiful and peppery. Casseroles, stews, soups - all the recipes come out and so what if it is stock-still punishment outside? Inside, Autumn is about to arrive! It all makes me hold so Septemberish. Ah, if righteous I may well be located in Autumn all day long!

And, of course, give are magicakal household tasks too; brews, herbal blends to prepare; spells and rituals to review - all for the coming zing - The Autumn Equinox and Hallows; dark moons and full moons.

So tomorrow, upon emergent, the September household tasks begin! A artifice day momentary.

Attractive autumn!

My very get-up-and-go is nuptial to it.

If I were a bird


I would fly about the earth seeking the sorted out autumns.

- George Eliot -

Blessings nine!