Tuesday 16 August 2011 Papa Ce February 26 2012 The Real Hoodoo An Expose

Papa Ce February 26 2012 The Real Hoodoo An Expose
This will be the last Papa Ce show I blog on.

I have scoured the Internet for years in search of an old-school worker. I found Papa Ce first. However, I put him in my "maybe" basket because I was not fully convinced that he actually had the knowledge simply because he doesn't give out any works. However, many old-school workers don't like to give-up what they know to just anyone; therefore I gave him the benefit of the doubt. That benefit of the doubt was erased in his latest show.

Momma Starr was the first person online that I was convinced was an old-school worker. Not only did she give out works but the works she gave out are the same stuff that old-school workers use and would teach people. In fact, I began to listen to her blogtalkradio show and became convinced she was the real-deal when she mentioned working with medicine bottles. All the old school workers use them. Doesn't matter if the worker is black, white, or Indian, they all use them. Additionally, nobody online was writing about them. So Momma Starr is the real deal, an authentic old-school worker, in my opinion.

So in this latest show from Papa Ce, Papa Ce decides to slam Momma Starr. I thought that was uncalled for. Going further, Papa Ce talks about things incorrectly. For example, Papa Ce is on this trip to make the word 'conjure' only about working with spirits. This simply isn't true. The word 'conjure' is an archaic word that was applied to the magic practices of blacks, whites, and Indians. The word 'conjure' means to manifest something, "as if out of thin-air". Conjure is a synonym for magic and was even used for stage magicians. Yes, a worker can "conjure" a spirit; however, the term conjure doesn't mean working with spirits exclusively.

I want to add a couple of more things. Papa Ce is big on the Ibo. That's his thing. That's perfectly fine. That's his right. However, Ibo has NOTHING to do with hoodoo/rootwork/conjure. I've listened to his shows and have heard him recommend stuff that comes direct from Africa and stuff that most people cannot even pronounce. Now how in the hell were the slaves going to have access to stuff back in Africa? They were cut off. They had to adapt to the botanicals in the U.S., primarily in the South. So it's fine if anyone wants to use those items but those items are not hoodoo.

On more thing, Papa Ce speaks in this latest show about how "real hoodoos" command spirits instead of working with them. All I can say is that you just go try that for yourself. Go right ahead and start commanding spirits and treating them like your slaves and see how far you get with that approach. As far as I'm concerned, we treat the spirits just like we treat people. We don't order people around. If we need something we ask people and we treat them with respect and we show our appreciation for what they do for us. We don't treat them like dirt. As far as I'm concerned the only spirits people need to be commanding are the demonic variety and that's to command them to get off one's self or another person, to get the hell out of one's house, etc. However, this is how I was taught. If your opinions differ, that's fine with me.

Papa Ce - February 26, 2012 - The Real Hoodoo: An Expose



Reference: crafty-witch.blogspot.com