Monday 28 April 2014 George Hachs Inner Disciplines Journal Saturday

George Hachs Inner Disciplines Journal Saturday
ROMANS 9:1

In the presence of Christ, I speak with utter truthfulness-I do not lie-and my conscience and the Holy Spirit confirm that what I am saying is true.

Paul expressed concern for his Jewish "brothers and sisters" by saying that he would willingly take their punishment if that would save them. While the only one who can save us is Christ, Paul showed a rare depth of love. Like Jesus, he was willing to sacrifice so others would be saved. How concerned am I for those who don't know Christ? Very. Am I willing to sacrifice my time, money, energy, comfort, and safety to see them come to faith in Jesus? Yes.

We know God's love will never fail us. Therefore, we can be certain that he will those who believe, love and trust Him.

God's love is based on nothing, and the fact that it is based on nothing makes us secure. Were it based on anything we do, and that "anything" were to collapse, then God's love would crumble as well. But with the God of Jesus no such thing can possibly happen. People who realize this can live freely and to the full. Remember Atlas, who carries the whole world? We have Christian Atlases who mistakenly carry on the burden of trying to deserve God's love. Even the mere watching of this lifestyle is depressing. I'd like to say to Atlas": "Put that glob e down and dance on it. That's why God made it." And to these weary Christian Atlases; "Lay down your load and b build your life on God's love." We don't have to earn this love; neither do we have to support it. It is a free gift. Jesus calls out: "Come to Me, all you Atlases who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you.

(From "Lion and Lamb" by Brennan Manning)

Do I trust God for salvation? Yes. I trust him then for smaller things, too. I trust him for the money for bills, the right job, for my spouse and children If I can trust him for salvation, certainly I can trust him to direct my everyday activities.

It is impossible to make a general statement that covers every exception, and yet conversation so often consist of each person point ting out the obvious exceptions to the other person's statements.

I can't legitimately disagree with what you say about yourself, only with what you say about what is not yourself. The most I can answer to what you say about yourself is that I'm different.

The statement that communicate most clearly are about me, you, now, here; and all final authorities are present.

A generalization is an assertion that what is true for me is also true for not-me. I notice that I often talk in generalities to produce the illusion that my "truth" is shared. In this way I pick up a little support (sameness) for my individualness and don't feel so alone.

Sometimes when I generalize I am saying, "Let's pretend I am God." and of course the other person argues that point endlessly. But I notice that if the other person takes a stand for himself and states his thoughts as his thoughts, I pay more attention to what he is saying and look deeper in myself.

If you tell me the way you see it rather than the way it "is"," then this helps me to more fully discover the way I see it.

- From "Notes to Myself" by Hugh Prather


Related Articles

* Who Is This Jesus? (purehope.net)

* Billy Graham 10/5/2012 (reporternews.com)

* As In The Days Of Noah (aviesplace.wordpress.com)

* My Heart Christ's Home (hefia.wordpress.com)

* HELP! I am not sure I am savedI may just be another false convert. (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)

* Wwwd? (professorpook.wordpress.com)

* Morning Prayaer ~ October 5, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)

* To My Brothers and Sisters of the Middle East and North Africa: (delugeop.wordpress.com)

* Lady In Waiting: Match Made In Heaven (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)

* Romans 10:4 Bible Verse of the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)

* Saint Francis and the Imitation of Christ (insightscoop.typepad.com)

* Christ Is the Only Way to Salvation (ioan17.wordpress.com)

* Returning to your first love (shawnwilson.wordpress.com)

* Free In Christ (ltlto.wordpress.com)

* May Jesus Christ Be Praised !have a Blessed Day! (ioan17.wordpress.com)

* Jesus Christ has risen from the grave (chemistrychristianityandme.wordpress.com)

* Greater Than You Can Grasp! (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)

* Blacks get out of the Democratic Party (revessie.com)

* Paraclete (godthefathercalls.wordpress.com)

* The Rise of the Remnant Church I (lynleahz.com)

* Why Jesus for Salvation? (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)

* What Life Is (anointedplace.wordpress.com)

* Power of Heaven to Earth (celiaelaine.wordpress.com)

* We Have Been Reconciled (Day 7) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)

* Some Mighty Facts - By E. W. Kenyon (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)

* Lost and Found (dailybibleplan.com)

* Description of Jesus Christ - 1 (divineheartofgod.org)

* Jesus ChristLord? Really? (pilgrimpassing.com)
* Your salvation is simple, but not easy or automatic (radiqx.com)