Tuesday 22 April 2014 June 26 Partial Lunar Eclipse In Capricorn

June 26 Partial Lunar Eclipse In Capricorn
A partial lunar eclipse will take place on June 26, 2010, the first of three eclipses happening this summer. This eclipse precedes the Solar Eclipse on July 11th and the magnificent transformative pattern of July 31st, called the Cardinal Climax or Cardinal Square. Some astrologers are saying "this is the summer of radical change.

A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes behind the earth such that the earth blocks the sun's rays from striking the moon. While this article is about the potential affects of a lunar eclipse astrologically, eclipses are actual events in astronomy. For a map of where the lunar eclipse will be visible, visit the NASA website.

Remember that an eclipse does not actually cause anything to happen. The science of astrology follows the principle "as above, so below." The heavens simply reflect what is happening in your life and the world and that translates into a map. Planets, houses, signs, and aspects act as symbols and provide clues about how to read the map. Your life, however, is the territory. The map only helps you navigate and understand where things are. You learn where opportunities and blocks may occur and move accordingly.

During the lunar eclipse, the Sun will be in Cancer which suggests a deepening connection with and evaluation of our needs for nurturing, family and security. The Moon will be in Capricorn which to let go of emotional patterns that are rigid and blocking our true goals. For a more detailed look at the conditions surrounding the June 26 eclipse and the planets involved, visit astrology.com.

According to April Elliot Kent at Blue Sky Astrology, "Lunar eclipses, by virtue of the Sun and Moon being in opposing signs (symbolizing self and other), all represent - to some extent - critical moments in evaluating relationships." This change isn't always immediate. The general rule is that an eclipse is effective until the next eclipse occurs. Remember that's July 11th and then again on July 31st, so there's a lot of potential for significant change in a short time period.

However, an eclipse does not always mean doom and gloom. It is simply a trigger for changes and change isn't always a bad thing! April explains how there is The Upside of Eclipses on her website. She describes eclipses "as moments of developmental crisis when something inside you needs to change, are boundary-testing times." She explains the basics of eclipses here.

HOW WILL THE ECLIPSE AFFECT YOUR RELATIONSHIPS?

She even gives a handy chart to help you know how the eclipse will affect you personally here. I really wanted to post the entire chart but I can't do that in good conscience. Trust me, you want to check this chart! It explained a lot of things going on in my own life right now.

My Sun sign is Libra and Ascendent is Aries. Recently my son decided to extend his visit with his father in Florida and will be staying there a full month. It's the longest he has ever been away from home so it's a pretty huge deal! He's never been away from me for more than a week at a time. I also recently decided to start looking for a job. And April says that an eclipse can be the start of a love relationship and since I'm single I wouldn't mind that. I know she says it'll affected my home life, but eventually said love interest would move in with me thus changing my home life. Okay, maybe I'm reaching a bit. But I can hope, right?

I'm actually blogging during a tornado warning and the storm is headed directly towards my town, so hopefully the change isn't involving anything literally about my home!

WHAT IF I DON'T KNOW MY SUN SIGN OR ASCENDENT?

Or maybe you don't even know what a sun sign and ascendent are. My favorite website for explaining the basics of astrology is the Astrology Lessons at Bob Mark's astrology website.

Once you have read through those or if you already know the basics but don't have your chart, head over to The Clairvision Virtual Astrologer. I love this site! It allows you to construct entire charts and transit charts for absolutely free! I use this site almost weekly.

In order to get the most chart information and get it as accurate as possible, you are going to need to know a few specific things about your birth. You will need your birth date of course, but you will also need your place of birth and the time of your birth. You may need to ask your parents or family members to get the information. Sometimes the birth time will be on your birth certificate, crib card, birth announcement, or in the hospital records.

Even if you don't have your exact time of birth, you can still get a lot of valuable information about your birth chart, but won't have your Ascendent or house information.

Astrology has always been a passion of mine. I've studied astrology even longer than I've studied Paganism and Wicca! I hope to write a lot more posts about astrology on this blog. I plan to blog more about runes, tarot, and maybe even the I Ching in the future. I'm going to be looking for a widget that gives moon sign and current transit information for the sidebar on the main page. It's below my blog roll.