Wednesday 2 July 2014 If You Choose Or Are Forced To Hide In The Shadows Your Voice Will Have No Impact

If You Choose Or Are Forced To Hide In The Shadows Your Voice Will Have No Impact

UPDATED ON JULY 7TH, 2013

I have a very long answer for the two anonymous comments that landed on my Spam folder, and which I marked with a red X. But I have errands to run and a revision that is due by the end of the day, so I can't get to it right now. I would love for you, my Wicked Luvs, to have a go at it.

By the way, I emailed the below image to Nun, and she said, "Why do I always get the one-sided know-it-all nincompoops? He says he agrees with me, but can he read? I didn't say any of the things he is saying. And, dear Bleeding Lamb, didn't he notice that he just took Jesus from being a zombie and made him into the Frankenstein monster?"

I joined her mild burst of stoical laughter, and said, "Can I share your comment in a blog post?"

"Do," Nun said, "whoever this person is he deserves what's coming to him."

"Gracias, mi se~norita"." I might have cackled. "This should be rather interesting."

By the way, these are the posts the anonymous individual is referring to: Are You Nature Loving, Spiritually Inclined, Religious...? and Almighty Murderers, Holy Zombies, and the Cannibals Who Celebrate Them.

Please click on the image to read the comments.

EDITED, IN ORDER TO ADD THE ENTIRE ANONYMOUS MESSAGE......AND TO TO INCLUDE MY RESPONSE.

I had planned to go step-by-step and point out how Anonymous' statements lacked validity, but let's face it: a person without a face doesn't really deserve that much of my time. Besides, my Wicked Darlings, you've done a magnificent job.

I will, however, say this: Anonymous, why have you assumed that Pagans want to "compete [with or] against" Christianity? Like many have suggested in the comments, neither Pagans nor Pagan organizations are trying to indoctrinate the world, run governments, or rage war against worldviews that disagree with their own.

On the "zombie" issue-yes Anonymous, the miracle of IP addresses have signaled at the fact that you've tried to make your wee little point twice-well, I would love to read the bit on the Bible about the new body. To be honest, until you mentioned it, and Kallan pointed out the bit about it being "a fundie Baptist doctrine from the late 1800's," I never heard of it. I'm always willing to read new literature; even made up ones, for fiction is one of my things.

Here is a bit of what I have read in the Christian mythology, of which you so clearly imply Pagans know nothing about (straight out of one of the thousands of interpretations that have oozed over the years):

ACTS 3:15"You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this."

LUKE 24:6-7He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'"

MATTHEW 20:17-19Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"

ROMANS 1:4-5"And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name."

One last thing, I want to second Gina's notion and agree with one of your points (even if I suspect that you don't quite get it): It "'boils down to believing in whatever they [Pagans] happen to like.' Yep... unlike people of other faiths who regularly (not all) just believe in what they are told [to do], whether they like it or not." I never saw any sense in staying in a relationship that felt abusive, stagnant and many times irrational. For that matter, I reject worldviews that claim to be the only ones. It makes no sense to me; regardless of how hard anyone tries, the rest of us are not just going to smile dumbly and disappear.

Share