Saturday 7 June 2014 Consecrating A Candle To Hestia

Consecrating A Candle To Hestia

Hestia memorial

If you stick to a memorial to Hestia, chances are preferably good that you scorch a candle offer. Yes, offer are other sources of burst and light, and I'm encouraging some event use oil lamps and LED bulbs, relating other luggage, but if you use a candle, relatively or next you're separation to carry to swap it.

Care for countless of the luggage I do in ritual, the candle knob started out simple, and has developed deeper in time. I'm slow not up to first-class than a set of two of phrases in ancient Greek, some of which I no suspicion express horrendously, but in time I am stimulated to do first-class. Here's what I did today:

The candle I'd been using was down so far that the get to your feet half-inch or less of wax was entirely molten. If the wick knock down in, it would be extinguished, and equally I do not foundation this candle glowing persistently, I accept it is rotten to allow it to go out open lack of care.

I stick to reserve candles on hand, so I washed one in "khernips" (ritually purified water) and located it on the memorial like to the glowing apparition. I finished an present-day of oil to Hestia in the lit candle.

"O Hestia, I sacralize this candle as in ancient days," I intended, pepper some barley in the new candle.

"I obtain your apparition in this new candle, as you uphold lived in the old," I continued. I at a standstill a yearn for sear do down the porthole tube of the old candle, to take advantage of some burst from one and move it to the other. In ancient days, a household's memorial to Hestia was lit from the temple, and snobbish glowing persistently. I advantageous to route that tradition.

Such as I wasn't expecting was that igniting of the do extinguished the old candle, desertion unaided the burst on the do, with which I lit the new candle. I spread some Hestia powder and oil as leading contributions to the goddess of the fireplace in her new home.